The club holds an annual photo competition.
The categories are:
- People (People doing tramping things !)
In addition to a prize in each category there is a Supreme Winner (determined by the judge) and a Most Popular Photo (voted by the members present).
- You can enter a maximum of 3 photos in each category.
- Photos must be submitted in printed form (matte or glossy) and be 6in x 8in (15cm x 21cm). The exception is for a panoramic photo, which must not exceed 10in (25cm). There can be a little tolerance in size to allow for cropping but anything considered too large or too small will not be accepted.
- Photos must be taken after 1/1/2017 and have not been entered in any other photo competition.
- The only adjustments allowed on a computer are cropping, sharpening, stitching of panoramas and tonal or exposure adjustments. No other digital adjustments are allowed.
- Photos must be taken within NZ, unless they have been taken on a club trip overseas.
The 2017 competition has been held.
The 2018 competition is likely be held in August.