Trips are held most weekends. If you want to participate in a club trip then you should try to come to the preceeding club night. If you cannot make club night, then ring the trip leader listed on the trip list.
Trip leaders have the absolute discretion as to who can go on the trip. If you are unknown to the the trip leader he/she may want to talk with you beforehand; to satisfy him/herself that you are capable of undertaking the trip.
Select below for the Current Trip List:
We run trips in the following categories:
- E - Easy
- Up to 5 hours per day, usually on formed tracks with bridges when appropriate and few hills.
- EM - Easy/Medium
- As above but up to 6 hours per day.
- M - Medium
- Up to 7 hours per day. Tracks might be quite rough, rivers may need fording and there is likely to be a good amount of hill work (ascending and descending).
- MF - Medium/Fit
- As above but up to 8 hours per day.
- F - Fit
- No particular limit on how long you will walk in a day. You should be able to manage off track walking, be comfortable in rivers and have a good level of tramping fitness.
Select below for more detailed information:
The expected travel cost is listed with each trip. When cars are shared, you will be expected to make a donation to the driver at the rates the club has established. People must have their own DOC hut passes or tickets, when required.
Gear and Food
Select below for more information:
The club has a standard form which you should complete and leave with your family or close friend, which details what to do if an emergency arises on the trip.
Select below to download this:
As a general rule, dogs are not encouraged on club trips. If you want to take your pet pooch you must first discuss this with the trip leader, whose decision is final.